Location: Ingleside, TX
Job Type: Full-time
Min Education: HIgh School diploma
Min Experience: 3-5 years
Required Travel: TBD
Date Posted: 06/01/2015
We have openings for Chiefs and licensed engineers.
Requires a technical, self-motivated individual to take responsibility for the operation and maintenance of vessel propulsion, service and domestic systems. Expected proficiency in the mechanical and electrical operation of modern marine diesel engines, generator sets, switch-gear and electro-mechanical winches.
Daily job tasks include:
- Vessel plant operation.
- Preventative maintenance.
- Watch-standing and record-keeping.
- Fuel transfer and bilge/ballast operations.
- Surveying, troubleshooting and correcting system failures
- Vessel engineering compliance with regulatory requirements of USCG, ABS, EPA, port and local rules as well as International Law.
Strong interpersonal skills are expected for living in close quarters aboard the vessel alongside and underway. If the voyage requires, the Chief Engineer is also responsible for the proper training and watch-keeping of his or her licensed and unlicensed Assistant Engineer(s).Requirements
- Valid Merchant Marine Credential.
- Chief Engineer - Limited (Motors) or DDE Unlimited (Motors).
- Officer-in-Charge of an Engineering Watch (OICEW).
- Z-Drive Tractor Tug experience preferred.
- STCW ’95 Endorsements applicable to MMC rating and scope of license.
Experience and Qualifications
- United States Citizen.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must possess a valid state issued Operator’s License.
- 3-5 years of experience as Chief or Assistant Engineer.
- Maritime Academy Graduate preferred.
- Knowledge of IMO-ISM Safety Management Systems and HSSEQ maritime practices.
- Knowledge of USCG and ABS, DNV or other classification society, rules and regulations.
- Computer, organizational and communications skills.
- Basic proficiency with AutoCAD.
E-mail Joseph Slaten at email@example.com to apply.