Senior Marine HVAC Engineer
Date Posted: 04/18/2014
Position Title Level: Senior Marine HVAC Engineer
Requisition No:EG 8-122712
Location: All Office Locations
Engineer and design new marine Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning Systems and develop modifications to existing systems to suit emerging needs. Complete requirement traces, preparation of supporting calculations, definition of supporting services such as chilled water and power, creation of functional diagrams using CAD, development of related Purchase Technical Specifications, and execution of quality assurance measures.
- Work independently with minimal supervision or on project teams
- Travel to shipyards and manufacturing facilities to survey existing conditions, verify proper installation, witness testing, and resolve technical issues
- Estimate budgets, develop schedules, and plan design products such drawings, specifications, and reports
- Deliver design products meeting quality assurance criteria on time and within budget
- Perform technical studies, quality assurance reviews of analyses, calculations, and drawing
- Interface with clients at all levels, colleagues and vendors including preparing and delivering reports
- Effectively guide and develop engineers who are junior
- Direct the preparation by designers of detailed HVAC system construction/installation drawings
- Proactively market within current engagements to expand scope of work and identify new opportunities
- Secure customer satisfaction
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- B.S. in Marine or Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ Years of marine HVAC experience; civil HVAC design experience will be considered
- Ability to create system diagrams using AutoCAD and prepare reports and presentations in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via verbal and written technical reports in English
- Experience with U.S. Naval Ship and commercial maritime engineering
- Knowledge of ABS Rules including Naval Vessel Rules
- Professional Engineer’s License
- Possess recognized certification, training or advanced degree pertinent to HVAC
- Member of ASHRAE, ASNE or SNAME
Please apply to this opportunity by submitting your Resume and Salary Expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the Position Title and Requisition Number in the Subject Line.
Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factors.