Naval Architect Engineer
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BS Degree
Min Experience: 10 years
Required Travel: TBD
Date Posted: 08/15/2015
Life Cycle Engineering
Life Cycle Engineering provides consulting, engineering, applied technology and education solutions that deliver lasting results for private industry, public entities, government organizations and the military. The quality, expertise and dedication of our employees enables Life Cycle Engineering to serve as a trusted resource for reliability consulting and services, net-centric solutions, engineering and technical services, integrated logistics support services, program support services and education. www.LCE.com
BEST PLACES TO WORK IN VIRGINIA HAMPTON ROADS 2014
OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE-CENTRIC CULTURE
Life Cycle Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Naval Architect Engineer to join our growing Federal Solutions Group (FSG) team in Norfolk, VA. Please find the position details below and additional details about our company, culture and benefits at the bottom of this post.
Naval Architect Engineer
The Naval Architect Engineer will manage, provide technical guidance, and supervise all resources assigned to them, and provide support the projects assigned. The Naval Architect Engineer will support the US Navy by:
- Generating production information for ship structure, hull machinery/equipment installation, hull fitting installation/fabrication, accommodation furnishing, etc.
- Performing naval architecture calculations, e.g., stability/hydrostatic, weight distribution, etc.
- Assisting to resolve technical compliance issues
- Eligible applicants must have a minimum Bachelor of Science in Naval Architecture with an emphasis in Marine engineering or a degree in Marine Engineering with emphasis in Naval Architecture PLUS a minimum of (10) years of ship design, construction and maintenance or modernization engineering support.
- Preferred experience includes engineering roles at Supervisor of Shipbuilding, Conversion and Repair Command, Regional Maintenance Center, Navy Central Planning Activity, Planning for Engineering and Repair Activity and or public or private shipyards.
- A fundamental understanding of Naval Architecture with practical experience in Stability and Weights (essential)
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements associated with shipbuilding (i.e. ABS, DNV, 46 CFR, SOLAS, IEEE, and the U.S. Coast Guard)
- A thorough knowledge of vessel structural design
- Familiarity with classification, marine regulatory codes and international standards applicable to shipbuilding and repairs/conversions
- A thorough knowledge of vessel trim & stability calculations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be a U. S. Citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Confidential security clearance.
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
Our mission is to enable people and organizations to achieve their full potential.
As a professional services organization our mission is focused on our clients' people and organizations. It is our company's cornerstone belief that we will not lead the industry in assisting our clients unless we excel at helping our own people and teams reach their full potential.
Our corporate culture encourages personal and professional growth because LCE's success depends on the talent, professionalism and commitment of its employees. LCE is a strengths-based organization focused on turning individual talents into strengths and then turning individual strengths into organizational performance that supports our clients' success.
Free Medical/Dental/Vision for Employees, with affordable plans for the whole family.
Free Employee Life and Disability Insurance, with supplemental coverage options available.
Health Savings Account and Flexible Benefit Account options
Company matched 401K & company funded Employee Stock Ownership Program
Paid Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Leave
Continuing Education & Professional Development Programs at all levels
Flexible Schedules & Relaxed Dress code
Employer sponsored events, social collaboration, and open communication
Free access to an extensive online training library, including certification prep
Bonus Program for outstanding contributions, Employee Referral Program, numerous Recognition Opportunities, and more...
*Benefits may vary by business unit & location. http://www.lce.com/Employee_Benefits_358.html
Apply online at http://www.careers.lce.com.