Naval Architect\ Naval Engineer Project Manager (Fuel)
Name: Carnival Cruise Lines
Location: Miami Florida
Min Education: Four-year college in Naval Architecture, Naval Engineering Marine Engineering, Ocean Engineering or related technical field with experience in the marine industry
Min Experience: 5 years experience in the maritime industry - shipboard, shipyard or shoreside office environment
Date Posted: 10/08/2015
Job Title: Naval Architect/Naval Engineer - Project Manager (Fuel) Area of Interest: Marine Operations Company: Carnival Cruise Line City: Miami State/Province: Florida Job Description:
Carnival Cruise Line ("CCL") is a branded division within Carnival Corporation, a publicly traded company founded in 1972 and headquartered in Miami. Carnival Corporation has over 90,000 employees worldwide operating 100 ships and produces over $15 billion in revenues. At any given time, there are over 270,000 people cruising with Carnival. Carnival Corporation owns a number of different cruise lines and has become the largest corporation in the cruise industry. Carnival's portfolio of 10 leading cruise brands includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Princess Cruises, Holland America Line, and Seabourn in North America; P&O Cruises and Cunard Line in the United Kingdom; AIDA in Germany; Costa Cruises in southern Europe; and P&O Cruises in Australia.
This person will be responsible for assessing current operational practices and identifying best practices amongst the vessels of the CCL fleet for improvements to reduce fuel consumption. Specific areas of responsibility include reducing fuel consumption through: appropriate specification, application and maintenance of high quality hull coatings, management of hull cleaning and propeller polish program, assisting Director with project management related to fuel consumption data capture and providing analysis for performance engineering (efficiency) initiatives.
1. Review annual budgets for drydock hull coatings projects (assist tech ops).
a. Liase between tech ops and CCL strategic sourcing team to ensure proper drydock specifications and best possible pricing.
b. Liase with shipyard(s) to ensure adequate planning and equipment is in place for short cycle drydocks.
c. Manage vendors (generate POs, approve invoices, etc.)
d. Manage coatings applications projects in dry dock.
2. Prepare annual budgets for propeller polish and hull cleaning
a. Track budgets and provide updates within department forecasting cycle.
b. Manage vendor contracts and pricing in coordination with global sourcing (CarnCorp.)
c. Review invoices and process for approval as needed.
d. Determine optimal cleaning interval to minimize both fouling and coatings damage
3. General project management: assist director with project management for fuel/energy initiatives as needed.
a. Onboard 3rd party fuel efficiency data systems, maintenance and new hardware installation
4. Assess current operational practices related to energy/fuel consumption
5. Evaluate operational, equipment, and process opportunities for reducing energy consumption
6. Construct reports and prepare documents for management and senior ship management review
7. Define detailed specifications for energy efficient operations
8. Correspond with ship managers and vessels to identify discrepancies in data
9. Perform other related technical office-based activities as assigned
10. Perform other job related functions as assigned.
- Four-year college in Naval Architecture, Naval Engineering Marine Engineering, Ocean Engineering or related technical field with experience in the marine industry
- 5 years experience in the maritime industry - shipboard, shipyard or shoreside office environment
- Basic knowledge of electronic data systems a plus
- Strong organizational inclination
- Able to learn quickly and incorporate new information
- Independently motivated; able to set and achieve goals
- Can communicate clearly and concisely
- Outgoing and able to work in a diverse team environment
- Proficiency with Excel & MS Office products
- Knowledge of ships, ships' systems and operations
- Strong proficiency with Excel & MS Office products
- Basic familiarity with AutoCAD or other drafting software
Benefits as a member of Carnival's Team:
- A comprehensive healthcare program, dental coverage and flexible spending accounts
- Company-paid term life insurance and long term disability coverage, employee-paid optional life insurance and other voluntary insurance programs
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to a 3% company match after one year of service and a discretionary Profit Sharing contribution in your second year of eligible employment
- Tuition Reimbursement that provides up to 75% reimbursement for company related professional career development
- An on-site Space Coast Credit Union satellite office, cafeteria and free parking
- Employee Stock Purchase plan that provides up to a 15% discount off the Fair Market Value of Carnival Corporation Common Stock
- Paid vacation and sick time
- An on-site fully accredited preschool educational program that provides developmentally appropriate educational programming for families of children ages 6 weeks through 5 years of age and up to 12 years of age during school holidays and summer vacation in addition to drop-in care for those unexpected childcare conflicts
- An on-site Health & Wellness Center that provides a full range of activities including weight training machines, free weights, cardiovascular equipment, an aerobic center, massage therapy, certified personal trainers and a wide variety of other programs
- Two complimentary "Fun Ship" cruises a year (based on available space and seniority) as well as discounted rates to friends and family in addition to other discounts to local and neighborhood vendors
Use application URL