Senior Naval Architect
Date Posted: 05/29/2014
Senior Naval Architect
TRS - Sugar Land, TX
Seeking a high caliber Senior Naval Architect for a direct hire (full time) employment opportunity to work for one of the world’s leading engineering, procurement & construction companies to the Oil, Gas & Petrochemicals sector located in Sugar Land, TX.
• Provides discipline expertise in Naval Architecture.
• Prepares proposals, scopes of work, establishing budgets and schedules.
• Analyzes hydrodynamic responses of floating structures, performs mooring analysis, develop motions and loads reports for hull structure design and mooring structural design.
• Designs module ocean transportation and offloading, grillage, and sea fastening; checks module barge stabilities, develops barge ballasting plans for module offloading in tidal zones.
• Designs and oversees construction, modification, and repair floating structures.
• Evaluates vender design proposals and specifications.
• Develops design and fabrication drawings, specifications, and scope of work.
• Reviews and approves 3rd party design calculations, drawings, and acceptance tests.
• Provides Lead Engineer support on projects.
• Provides direction, mentoring, training and technical advice to other engineers in the department.
• Registered Professional Engineer
• Minimum 7 years experience as a naval architect.
• Accredited degree in naval Architecture or related field.
• Strong analytical background based on first principles with understanding of ABS, DNV, API and related industry regulations and standards.
• Experienced with floating structure vessel design.
• Ability to effective work on multi projects and multi discipline team.
Location Type: Office located in Sugar Land, TX
*Background check and drug screen required*
» Apply Now
Interested candidates, please email your current resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
TRS Staffing Solutions, established in 1984, specializes in supplying engineers, designer, project managers, and other technical/professional and administrative personnel throughout its worldwide offices in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Spain and South Africa.
TRS Staffing provides business and project personnel to clients in a broad spectrum of industries worldwide. Some of our key differentiators are: dependability, global sourcing, quality, safety and talent. Send your application to email@example.com.
Please review all application instructions before applying.