Technical Manager, Naval Architect
Location: Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
Job Type: Full Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 5 - 7 years
Required Travel: 10 - 25%
Date Posted: 07/17/2014
Atlantic Towing Limited, a division of the J.D. Irving Ltd. Group of companies, is a well-established and growing marine transportation company with a diverse fleet of Harbour, Coastal/Deep Sea Tugs and Offshore Supply Vessels with locations in Saint John, New Brunswick; Halifax, Nova Scotia and St. John's, Newfoundland.
We are currently seeking applications for the position of Technical Manager based in Saint John, NB Canada to join our growing team of Marine Professionals. The Technical Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Develop/review specifications and designs for new build vessels, acquisitions or major upgrades.
- Contract management and on-site supervision for new build vessels or major upgrades.
- Research technical problem solutions or improvement candidates.
- Monitor future regulation changes and their impact on the company’s operations.
- Assist Operations group in technical problem solving.
- Support drydocking activities for company vessels.
- Assist with development of long term cost forecasts and annual budgets.
- Offshore attendance including approval of marine operations, vessel surveys. Participation in risk assessments.
- Contribute to Preparation of proposals for bids and tenders.
- Technical liaison with customers.
- Technical liaison with major suppliers.
- An undergraduate degree in Naval Architecture, or equivalent.
- Background in marine warranty/technical consultancy/surveying is desirable.
- Thorough knowledge of naval architectural principles.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive, able to show initiative in problem solving
- Able to demonstrate skilled knowledge in analyzing technical solutions
- Experience working with regulatory bodies, i.e. Transport Canada and Classification societies.
- Demonstrated ability to manage deadlines and priorities, well organized and comfortable working with data.
- Demonstrates strong teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
We thank all those that apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Atlantic Towing is committed to the goals of Employment Equity.
Contact Person: Bev McCann
Phone: 90 484 8322