Location: Shelton, Connecticut, USA
Job Type: Full Time
Min Education: BS Naval Architecture
Min Experience: 0-5 years prior work experience
Required Travel: NA
Date Posted: 07/17/2014
Immediate opening at Naiad Dynamics US, Inc. Shelton, Connecticut office, reporting to local management and to the Global Engineering Manager based at our Hollywood, Maryland office. We are a dynamic team of professionals supplying our highly successful technology-based products worldwide. We are seeking an organized, efficient, self-starter with an enthusiastic attitude to join our Engineering team.
In summary, the position entails review of new ship designs and retrofit applications with an understanding of the vessel requirements (intended usage/mission) and the selection, application, analysis, simulation and performance prediction of our Stabilization and Ride Control Systems. Considerable interaction with our Sales and Engineering teams and interface with customers to provide practical, efficient and best value ship motion control solutions. Some field work to support model testing and/or full scale trials data acquisition.
• Use of ND’s proprietary Product Application and Ship Motion Simulation software tools
• Assess vessel requirements and determine recommended product application
• Technical liaison with external naval architects and others to support product sales
• Support model testing
• Occasional full scale (field) data acquisition, reduction, analysis
• Application of acquired data to further refine ND’s proprietary Ship Motion Simulation Software
• Field support or calibration or commissioning of select systems (to supplement field service engineers)
• Select customer visits, technical conferences, trade shows or other customer-related activities
• Potential design work in support of product development, design of hull foundations or structures related to installation of ND equipment, design or configuration of underwater effectors (control surfaces), or other design related work as appropriate
• Prepare technical reports and presentations
• Maintain company applications database
• Other duties reasonably assigned by management
• BS Naval Architecture
• 0-5 years prior work experience
• Working understanding of ship stability and ship motions
• High analytical ability with numeracy aptitude, ability to collect, analyze, reduce and present data
• Working knowledge of engineering software, AutoCAD, Labview, MATLAB, Solid Edge, Femap with NEi Nastran, etc.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with coworkers and customers
• Ability to balance objectives with constraints to determine the most appropriate/practical/successful ship motion control solution, and support the sale thereof through reasoned technical arguments
• Ability to work independently and be highly responsive to customer inquiries
• Fast and accurate—timely and reliable work
• Professional demeanor, performance and poise while under pressure
• Neat and organized
A fantastic opportunity to join a world-leading designer and manufacturer of Ship Motion Control Systems for the commercial ship, military ship and luxury yacht market sectors.
Naiad Dynamics US, Inc. is a well-established Naiad Maritime Group, Inc. company with operations in CT, MD, FL and WA USA, with affiliated companies in the Netherlands and United Kingdom. We engineer, manufacture and supply high quality specialized ship systems throughout the world.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including major healthcare coverage, dental, 401k with immediately vested 100% company match, disability insurance, life insurance, and an employee profit sharing program. Benefits subject to policy/plan details.
Send resume with salary history in confidence.