Senior Production Engineer
Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Job Type: Full Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 6 or more years post-secondary experience working in Production Engineering is necessary
Required Travel: NA
Date Posted: 07/22/2014
Seaspan’s Vancouver Shipyards has been selected under the National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy (NSPS) to be Canada’s long-term partner for the building of Non-Combat vessels. This multi-billion dollar program will create stable work over the next decade and beyond, and see the construction of up to 17 ships to start (three Offshore Fisheries Science Vessels, one Offshore Oceanographic Science Vessel, one Polar Icebreaker, two Joint Support Ships, five Medium Endurance Multi-Tasked Vessels and five Offshore Patrol Vessels).
Seaspan has invested $200 million into modernizing the shipyard facilities and will result in the completion of four new fabrication buildings, a 300-ton shipbuilding gantry crane and load-out pier by late 2014.
Your future career opportunity
As the senior production engineer, you will have a unique opportunity to lead production engineering on new construction projects for one of the biggest shipbuilding projects of our time. Your day to day will be varied and challenging as you participate in all phases of new construction design projects from a Production Engineering perspective to improve productivity and remove waste including the development of assigned analysis and projects in the areas of ship design and shipbuilding, production engineering, build strategy development, production process development, new materials analysis, dimensional and accuracy control, and design for production.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in initial project feasibility and strategy analysis, build strategy development, design execution, design liaison with internal and external design teams and design for production implementation, and production execution. Your experience in the application of lean design processes will allow you to make a positive impact on the cost and efficiency of the production processes for each project.
Seaspan can provide you with a rewarding and challenging career building state-of-the-art ships, and an attractive remuneration package with pension contributions, medical and dental benefits and a fitness membership for all permanent employees. A relocation package and work permit sponsorship (if required) will be offered to candidates to ensure a smooth transition to Vancouver, a city that has consistently been rated amongst the top 3 most livable cities in the world.Job Requirements
- A Degree in Naval Architecture and/or Marine Engineering or equivalent technical background and/or experience is required
- 6 or more years post-secondary experience working in Production Engineering is necessary
- Previous Shipyard experience in New Ship Construction is required
- Experience working with a diverse integrated project team is considered an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of modern ship design and production processes
- Demonstrated experience in the application of Lean Design and Design for Production processes
- Effective leadership and influencing skills and practices
- Ability to work independently to develop solutions to complex technical problems
- Above average analytical skills to gather and analyze/synthesise data, confirm its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective analysis/synthesis process
- Strong technical writing skills including the ability to produce and present clear, detailed written technical specifications, procedures, and reports
- Working knowledge of ShipConstructor and ACAD software, document control systems and databases
- Good organizational skills including the ability to maintain organization in a changing environment, multi-task and establish priorities
- Knowledge of MRP, purchasing and management systems a plus.
- Committed to a high standard of safety and able to comply with all safety laws and all of the employer's safety policies and rules
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
Apply at the URL: http://www.Click2Apply.net/fytxhbn