Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, V7P2R2, Canada
Job Type: Full Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture
Min Experience: 5 years of shipyard and marine surveying experience
Required Travel: NA
Date Posted: 07/25/2014
Seaspan’s Vancouver Shipyards has been selected under the National Shipbuilding Procurement Strategy (NSPS) to be Canada’s long-term partner for the building of Non-Combat vessels. This multi-billion dollar program will create stable work over the next decade and beyond, and see the construction of up to 17 ships to start (three Offshore Fisheries Science Vessels, one Offshore Oceanographic Science Vessel, one Polar Icebreaker, two Joint Support Ships, five Medium Endurance Multi-Tasked Vessels and five Offshore Patrol Vessels).
Seaspan has invested $200 million into modernizing the shipyard facilities and will result in the completion of four new fabrication buildings, a 300-ton shipbuilding gantry crane and load-out pier by late 2014.
Your future career opportunity
As the project manager within the operations department at Vancouver Shipyards, you will have a unique opportunity to oversee all phases of repair, refit, or new vessel construction for one of the largest shipbuilding projects of our time. You will be involved in planning, directing, and coordinating the activities of a designated project. Your background in project management, coupled with expereince in a marine or shipbuilding environment, will be integral to you ensuring that goals or objectives of the project are accomplished within the prescribed schedule and budget. Your exceptional customer service orientation will ensure our customers are in complete satisfaction of the work and will assist you in translating customer needs into feasible work plans.
This role reports directly to the Director, Operations, Vancouver Shipyards. Although you won't have any employees directly reporting to you, your strong interpersonal and communication skills will be essential when overseeing the work of all tradesmen and sub-contractors to ensure project progress and standards are met.Job Requirements
- Completion of Grade 12 education, plus a post secondary certificate or diploma in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture.
- A minimum of 5 years of shipyard and marine surveying experience
- Experience in project managing multiple large-scale projects involving a diverse group of stakeholders from start to finish
- Demonstration of exemplify business ethics, integrity and honesty in all situations
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer service orientation. Demonstrated abilities to understand and translate customer needs into feasible work plans
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of English language, verbal and written
- Basic computer literacy including Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Projects.
Seaspan can provide you with a rewarding and challenging career building state-of-the-art ships, and an attractive remuneration package with pension contributions, medical and dental benefits and a fitness membership for all permanent employees. A relocation package and work permit sponsorship (if required) will be offered to candidates to ensure a smooth transition to Vancouver, a city that has consistently been rated amongst the top 3 most livable cities in the world.
Apply at the URL: http://www.Click2Apply.net/c6bvj8w