Process Control Engineer III, Lean
Location: Bath, Maine, 04530, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 3 - 5 years experience in process improvement or Lean Six Sigma in a manufacturing environment required
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Date Posted: 07/25/2014
The primary function of this position is to drive the implementation of process improvements by utilizing industry best practices and Lean methodology.
- Apply process mapping/value stream mapping to identify and eliminate waste and non-value added activities in the Material Control processes
- Actively lead multi-functional teams in problem solving efforts to reduce variation, improve customer satisfaction, and improve financial return
- Study current Material Control processes and identify opportunities to improve efficiency.
- Develop & analyze material control metrics and data to ensure sustainment of process improvements
- Create Standard Work Procedures for all Material Control activities.
- Educate and develop key operators in the use of Lean methodology
- Lead the implementation of new tools/technology, and provide training, to enhance Material Control processes
- Develop Business Case and Rate of Return analysis for proposed projects
- Support the Employee Suggestion Program for Material Control by attending weekly review meetings, facilitate solution identification with impacted area, and ensure timely resolution.
- Maintain Material Control website
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact, influence, and establish a good rapport with all levels of employees and customers
- Five years experience in process improvement or Lean Six Sigma in a manufacturing environment required
- Strong analytical skill including ability to develop and implement solutions to technical issues required
- Ability to organize, plan, and execute complex projects
- Strong project management skills, including facilitation of teams
- Good computer knowledge/experience with Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, Word, and Access
- Good organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Lean Six Sigma Training a plus
- Ability to create and maintain access databases highly desired
- Positive attitude and willingness to work in a team environment
Please apply online at: