Principal Naval Architect – Hydrodynamic Analysis-1027164
Date Posted: 04/18/2014
GVA COMPANY INFORMATIONWith experience gained from hundreds of projects in more than 20 countries, GVA is one of the world's leading marine and offshore design companies for semi-submersibles and other floating units. GVA is a subsidiary of KBR. Based on the experience of more than 100 engineers deployed within conceptual design, naval architecture, structural design, marine and drilling systems, we provide high-value design solutions to each and every project. GVA products and services allow us to support our customers with turn-key support from the earliest stages, throughout the project's duration and during operation or even later when upgrade or conversion work is required. POSITION DESCRIPTION As a Principal Naval Architect – Hydrodynamics Engineer GVA Houston, you will assist in expanding the company's naval architectural / hydrodynamic analyses capabilities. You will be involved in developing and evaluating floating platforms for offshore oil and gas field drilling, as well as development for a variety of clients. You’ll serve as specialist in the area of floating systems, including calculation of hydrodynamic responses of semisubmersibles and ships, design and analysis of mooring systems. You will provide technical guidance to less experienced engineers, and could be consulted with a high degree of reliance placed on scientific interpretations and advice. We will also look to you to provide support for model testing activities. You may also be responsible for a measureable asset such as assigned staff and budget
- Bachelor's Degree in Naval Architecture, Ocean Engineering or directly related discipline is required; Advanced Degree preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years Naval Archintect experience in floating systems within the offshore oil & gas industry is required, with an average experience of 10+ years
- Background MUST include a strong emphasis on the hydrodynamic analysis of floating systems, including calculation of hydrodynamic response for semi submersibles and ships, design and analysis of mooring systems.
- Experienced with SESAM software highly preferred.
- Seeking an individual that is self-motivated, with good organizational and communications skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team is essential
- Professional Engineers License or ability to obtain license also preferred