Operations Business Manager
Name: Gibbs & Cox
Contact Email: email@example.com
Location: Arlington, Virginia, USA
Job Type: Full Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 8 years of progressive experience in government contracts and government contract teaming agreements
Required Travel: Not listed
Date Posted: 07/28/2014
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firms. All positions require US citizenship. We are seeking a well qualified individual for a position as the company’s Operations Business Manager. You will be based out of our Arlington, Virginia office.
The role of Operations Business Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer and support Washington, DC Corporate Headquarters Operations in contracts and finance management with liaison to Corporate Contracts & Finance in New York, City. In this role the Operations Business Manager will support Business Unit Operations with contract development and negotiations to include government and commercial prime and subcontracts, vendor agreements and teaming agreements, and coordinate with Corporate Contracts and Corporate Counsel on terms and conditions as required. In addition, the Business Manager will manage financial and pricing support staff for multiple business units and be fully familiar with all corporate financial processes and procedures to assure all Operation finance related activities are compliant.
Responsibilities and Job Activities:
- Prepare and/or negotiate with industry partners on prime or subcontracts, teaming agreements and NDA’s while working with Operations management.
- Prepare and/or negotiate terms and conditions, and modification requests; and settle disputes regarding contract interpretation, conditions or compliance with legal requirements on government client contracts.
- Prepare and/or negotiate terms and conditions, and modification requests; and settle disputes regarding contract interpretation, conditions or compliance with legal requirements on commercial client and vendor contracts.
- Help monitor and ensure compliance with applicable federal regulations, as well as contract terms and conditions and advise senior management on government contract requirements and procedures.
- Monitor and oversee the contract change process.
- Understand and help development requirements for business unit regular financial reporting for account/project managers including key metrics reports.
- Lead efforts to improve business management functions to include project pricing and financial monitoring and control.
- Understand and help ensure business unit compliance to corporate financial policies and procedures.
- Manage and mentor business unit finance support staff in their roles for;
- Business unit reporting by project/contract for monthly close results, variance analysis, invoicing, cash collections, project metrics, and conducting ad hoc financial analysis as required.
- Support/lead Cost/Price Volume production responsibility for complex price proposals.
- Support business unit price proposals to ensure compliance with government/customer specifications and company policies and procedures.
- Support business unit Project Managers, Operations VP’s and VP of Finance as needed.
- Minimum 8 years of progressive experience in government contracts and government contract teaming agreements
- Demonstrated experience in commercial and vendor contracts and associated terms & conditions.
- DELTEK experience a requirement. Candidate is expected to be interfacing with DELTEK finance planning, project setup functions, business unit reports, and maintaining various executive reports.
- Demonstrated understanding of P&L, revenue and expense recognition rules and full accounting close.
- Experience in government reporting with corporate financial/ERP systems and enterprise wide planning/reporting tools.
- Significant experience with MS Office applications and other company standard software and PC systems.
- Ability to analyze complex financial data and present (written and verbally) to internal staff in a way that non financial managers can easily understand.
- Must work well in team environment and have ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in fast paced and dynamic environment.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more.
Please apply to this opportunity by submitting your Resume and Salary Expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the Position Title in the Subject Line.