Project Engineer / Marine Systems and Safety
Location: Galveston, Texas, USA
Job Type: Full Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 5 years
Required Travel: Negligible
Date Posted: 07/28/2014
Company & Business Area Description
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the leading technical advisor to the global oil and gas industry. We enable safe, reliable and enhanced performance in projects and operations.
We provide consistent, integrated services within technical and marine assurance and advisory, risk management advisory and offshore classification.
Together with our partners, we drive the industry forwards by developing best practices and standards.
Our people combine industry expertise, multi-disciplinary skills and innovation to solve complex challenges for our customers.
Local Unit & Position Description
DNV GL – Oil & Gas Regional Approval Center is seeking an Approval Engineer to join our team, in the PM, Safety and Systems group. Approval Center Houston is the main Classification and Verification Approval Center for the Division Americas and the hub for engineering resources in various disciplines supporting the Region in both Maritime and Oil and Gas. Due to expansion, we are looking for qualified Safety and Systems Plan Approval Engineers in our Houston, Texas office.
- Design verification of Marine and Safety systems of ships, offshore and fixed installations including machinery and piping systems, fire safety, drilling and production systems, and pollution prevention
- Project management for design approval of ships, offshore and fixed installations
- Customer service management
- Help support market initiatives and further development of DNV services
- Participation in key industry committees & support further development of DNV Rules/Standards/RPs
Project Engineer/Marine Systems and Safety
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (offshore engineering, Naval Architecture, Ocean Engineering, Petroleum, etc.)
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the design/verification of ships, offshore floating, and fixed installations
- Thorough knowledge and experience in the design/verification of marine systems and safety of ships, floating offshore units and fixed installations (Drilling & Production)
- Familiar with relevant classification rules and industry standards for marine systems/safety design of ships, offshore units and fixed installations (e.g. DNV, API, ASME, ANSI, NACE, BS and ISO etc)
- Familiar with regulatory requirement (MODU/SOLAS/MARPOL/USCG/BSEE/C-NLOPB etc.)
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
Interested in this opportunity?