Marine Electrical Engineer
Location: Arlington, Virginia, 22202, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 5 - 7 years
Required Travel: None
Date Posted: 07/30/2014
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firms. We are seeking a well qualified individual for a position as the company’s Marine Electrical Engineer. You will be based out of our Arlington, VA, Newport News, VA, or Philadelphia, PA, offices depending on your current location.
- Works independently or on project teams. Able to lead or manage medium electrical engineering projects.
- Performs complex analyses, calculations and drawings.
- Performs quality assurance reviews of complex analyses, calculations and drawings developed by junior and mid-level staff.
- Interfaces with client at peer level.
- Able to manage cost, schedule and technical product development.
- Able to supervise junior or senior staff on projects or teams.
- Prepare technical purchase specifications for major electrical equipment.
- Develop test procedures to ensure electrical equipment and system performance.
- Assist with shipboard automation and control systems, electrical power generation and electrical distribution systems testing.
MARINE ELECTRICAL ENGINEER – (5 to 14 years) – Arlington, VA, Newport News, VA, or Philadelphia, PA
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal-opportunity employer.Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education in Electrical Engineering.
- Between 5 and 14 years of professional engineering experience.
- Proficiency in using industry-standard electrical system design and analysis software tools.
- Marine electrical shipbuilding experience with power generation, distribution and control systems. Systems include medium voltage and low voltage power generation and distribution, lighting, interior communications (telephone, alarms, announcing).
Contact Person: Lorne Epstein
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply: Send your resume by email to jobs AT GibbsCox DOT com