LNG Naval Architect/Marine Mechanical Engineer
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana, 70112, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 1 - 2 Years
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Date Posted: 09/30/2014
Jensen Maritime Consultants, a naval architecture company with offices in Seattle, WA, New Orleans, LA, and Jacksonville, FL is looking for an LNG Naval Architect / Marine Mechanical Engineer to work in our 2-year-old New Orleans office.
Experience is preferred in some, or all, of the following specialties:
- Designing LNG fueled engines
- Designing LNG piping systems
- Designing LNG containment systems
- Designing LNG transportation vessels
- Designing vessels burning LNG as fuel
5 years experience as a naval architect/marine mechanical engineer preferred.
Sponsorship to work in the US may be considered.
Designs and oversees construction, modification, and repair of marine craft and floating structures, such as ships, barges, tugs, work boats, etc. Studies design proposals and specifications. Develops vessel design and modification specifications. Provides Lead Engineer support on projects. Provides liaison and support for projects in shipyards.
Job duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing discipline expertise in Naval Architecture.
- Preparing proposals, scopes of work, establishing budgets and schedules.
- Providing direction, mentoring, training and technical advice to other engineers in the department.
- Directing drafters for drawing issuance.
- Representing the company in industry.
- Experience with LNG or cryogenic systems in vessel design.
- Requires the ability to effectively manage several projects that may vary in nature and scope at the same time.
- Strong analytical background based on first principles with a good understanding of ABS, DNV, API and related industry regulations and standards.
- All Crowley positions require proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
Compensation and benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes a Health Care Plan designed to keep you and your family healthy, both physically and financially. Crowley’s Health Care bundle provides Medical, Dental, Prescription, and Vision insurance available to the employee and their dependents with minimal contributions.
Other benefits include
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Group Life Insurance
- Experience with GHS and AutoCAD desirable.
- Experience with marine structural design desirable.
- Experience in resistance prediction and/or with familiarity NavCad, Prop Cad, PropExpert, SwiftCraft, SwiftTrial desirable.
- Having passed the Fundamentals in Engineering Exam or holding a Professional Engineering license.
Bachelor’s degree in Naval Architecture or related field.
QUALIFIED AND INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHOULD EMAIL A RESUME DIRECTLY TO SCOTT BINNS: SCOTT.BINNS@CROWLEY.COM