Location: Arlington, Virginia, 22202, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: None
Required Travel: NA
Date Posted: 10/10/2014
Engineering Analyst – All experience levels
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firms. All positions require US citizenship. You will be based out of our Arlington, VA office.
Solve complex analytical problems in a field of expertise which may include the following: engineering, test and evaluation, and logistics.
Position requires a technical background working with engineering and design of ships and ship systems. Engineering Analysts (EA) work with the engineering and design departments adapting and applying engineering techniques, conducting tests and inspections, and preparing and developing documentation in support of new and existing designs. The EA must be self-motivated with strong attention to detail as well as ability to multi-task and work as part of a team.
- Performs general planning and administrative tasks associated with assigned projects.
- Analyzes and develops or assists in development of project scopes, cost estimates and project schedules.
- Composes, creates, completes or maintains necessary documents, records and correspondence.
- Performs routine to moderately difficult professional electrical, mechanical and/or structural engineering work.
- Conducts or assists in conducting field, site and office studies, investigations and research.
- Depending on experience level, performs calculations and analyses; develops clear and concise reports or reviews and summarizes engineering reports for management.
- Drafts and completes preliminary and final designs, drawings and specifications for designated related projects.
- Assists in reviewing drawings and specifications and verifies compliance with established codes, rules and regulations.
- Identifies design issues and recommends changes to drawings and specifications.
- Attends assigned meetings and takes and distributes pertinent notes and documentation.
- Compiles information for and corresponds with consultants, contractors, and other departments; responds to requests for information and clarifies and interprets routine to moderately difficult engineering issues.
- Ability to write work instructions technical documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Possess strong computer skills for documentation, standard or customized software applications appropriate to assigned tasks.
- Senior Analyst must have experience leading interdisciplinary teams and interfacing with senior government and other industry officials and develop high level briefings.
- Senior Analyst also leads the development and utilization of analytic tools, techniques and processes.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefitspackage, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Gibbs & Cox is an equal-opportunity employer.Job Requirements
- Ability to read and write written instructions and follow and issue clear verbal instructions. Prepare clear and concise reports, drawings, notes, correspondence and other written materials. Read, and interpret assembly drawings, Blue prints and ability to generate assembly drawings and develop accurate bills of materials.
- Knowledge of the theories, principles, and practices of marine electrical, mechanical, or structural engineering design and construction.
- Associates Degree minimum or equivalent on the job training related to electrical, mechanical, or structural engineering or a related engineering discipline. A valid Engineering-in-Training certificate may be substituted for the degree and experience requirement.
- BS degree or higher in a relevant field from an accredited university (or 5 additional years of relevant experience) a plus
- Minimum of years of relevant experience:
- Junior: less than four
- Mid: at least five
- Senior: at least fifteen
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Solidworks
- Ability to obtain a DoD security clearance
Apply for this position by contacting:
Phone: 703 416 3657