Program Manager for NAVSEA
Location: Arlington, Virginia, 22202, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: Over 10 Years
Required Travel: NA
Date Posted: 10/10/2014
Program Manager for NAVSEA – Arlington, VA
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading independent naval architecture, marine engineering and design firms. We are seeking a well-qualified individual for a position as a Senior Program Manager supporting NAVSEA, based out of our Arlington office. This position reports to the Vice President of Maritime Services Group.
Gibbs & Cox is looking for an operations executive with a broad experience in supporting the U.S. Navy seeking the next challenge in their career. You are a proven leader of large diverse teams with experience solving technical problems across organizational boundaries.
You have a deep understanding of technical, financial, budgeting, programmatic, business development and personnel management. You must possess proven experience with Program Management, Contract Management, Ship/Submarine Acquisition, Research & Development, Ship Design & Construction, Test and Evaluation, and In-Service Support.
Responsibilities and Job Activities:
- You will be responsible for the financial and technical performance of a multi-million dollar contract that supports the Naval Sea Systems Command.
- Oversee financial planning and daily management of current year and future year funding for the prime contractor and teammates which comprise the prime contractor's team.
- Develop strategic plans for execution of the program strategy including generating schedules and financial requirements
- Administer day-to-day relationship with the Navy sponsor and stakeholders in all matters related to technical performance of the contract.
- Direct the executing of all contractor activities in support of NAVSEA.
- Develop briefing materials for Navy flag officers and members of the Senior Executive Service (SES) as artifacts to inform or direct specific courses of action.
- Brief Navy flag officers, Senior Executive Service and senior military officers regarding future planning, future schedules and future financial requirements.
Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is the employer of choice for naval architecture, marine engineering, management support, and engineering consulting. Gibbs & Cox staff has the opportunity to participate in challenging and rewarding work, and to receive excellent compensation and benefits in return. Our working environment includes the most advanced tools and technologies, and the opportunity for excellent personal and professional development. Gibbs & Cox offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package, including paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, generous employee healthcare insurance premiums, flex spending options, matching 401(k) retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement, paid professional training and development, and much more. Gibbs & Cox, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required. Bachelor’s or advanced Engineering or Naval Architecture degree desired.
- Experience with NAVSEA required.
- Minimum 15 years of progressive experience in US Navy program or engineering management experience required.
- Strong understanding of US Navy processes and procedures for research & development, acquisition, engineering design, construction and test & evaluation activities required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and Professional Engineer (PE) certification desired.
Apply for this position by contacting:
Phone: 703 416 3657