Location: Seattle, Washington, 98102, United States
Job Type: Full Time
Min Education: Associates Degree
Min Experience: 7 - 10 Years
Required Travel: 0 - 10%
Date Posted: 10/10/2014
CHIEF ESTIMATOR (MARINE)
Lake Union Drydock Company, a Seattle ship repair yard, has an opening for the position of Chief Estimator. Only candidates with the required experience will be considered for the position.
• Supervises up to five estimators in support of assigned projects.
• Ensures that estimates and proposal are completed, reviewed and submitted on schedule.
• Set-up of Proposals and Bid Summary Sheet.
• Assigns estimating staff to estimating projects.
• Complete estimates for assigned projects, either independently or as part of the estimating team.
• Support proposal team by performing quantity survey and cost estimates for assigned portions of projects.
• Review, interpret, quantify, and accurately estimate cost of the work described in the technical specification documents.
• Solicit, collect and analyze subcontractor/vendor budgets, bids or quotations.
• Develop comparison of costs to perform work in house versus utilization of subcontractors.
• Attend pre-bid ship checks on board vessels and post-bid meetings with the customer, as required.
• Present the scope of work, estimated costs, risks and opportunities to management during the final review of assigned estimates.
• Prepare work schedules in Microsoft Project for submission with proposals.
• Review and monitor ongoing jobs for changes from original specifications. Estimate cost of change orders.
• Other duties as assigned.
For consideration, please email resume and cover letter via this posting with "Marine Estimator" as the subject. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.ludd.com.
Lake Union Drydock Company is an Equal Opportunity Company.
• Must have eight to ten years of related maritime experience and/or training. Ship repair experience is required.
• Personnel management skills to manage the efforts of assigned estimating staff.
• Produce clear, cohesive written documents and assemble written technical and price proposals.
• Advanced skill level with Microsoft Excel and Project.
• Intermediate skill level with Microsoft Word and Outlook
• Able to read, analyze, and interpret common technical specifications and blue prints.
• Ability to comprehend an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagrammatic form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
• Occasionally travel to complete ship checks.
• Performs vessel inspections. Applicants must have the physical ability to climb vertical ladders, access vessel spaces through manhole accesses and walk on uneven surfaces that are typically present in a ship board or industrial environment.
• A two year associate degree or four year bachelor's degree in a technical maritime discipline is preferred.
Apply for this position by contacting: