Location: San Diego, Ca
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 2-3 Years
Required Travel: 10 %
Date Posted: 02/11/2015
Experienced Composite Engineer of High Tech Sailing Yachts;
Technical responsibilities include development of engineering methods and programs to ensure safety and compliance with applicable regulations. Manage and execute all aspects of yacht engineering including bill-of-materials development, structural analysis (closed-form and FEA ( Altair Hyperworks) methods ), drawing preparation and review, builder coordination. Depending on the workload, there might be one or two team members working under this position so mentoring is a required quality. Being a team player is vital along with having a passion and commitment to continuous improvement, innovation and quality excellence. Applicant must be eligible to work full time in U.S.A.Job Requirements
- BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Structural / Composite Materials)
- Proficient in the following software AutoCAD 2-D drafting Solidworks 3-D modeling Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel with VBA. A high level of analytical computer literacy using Excel is required.
- Strong working knowledge of FEA
- Expertise in Construction techniques for composite sandwich structures
- Familiarity with Composite scantling regulations and offshore design standards (ISO, ABS, DNV/GL, etc.
- Familiarity of basic operations of offshore racing yachts (sailing experience a plus)
e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org