Principal Naval Architect
Location: Portsmouth, RI
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 8+ Years
Required Travel: N/A
Date Posted: 02/11/2015
The Mechanical Engineering Directorate (MED) leads in mechanical hardware design, development and production of radar, sonar, torpedo and combat system equipment. The MED uses state-of-the-art tools, processes technology and Raytheon Six Sigma principles.
The Undersea & Electronic Systems Department, is currently seeking a Senior Principal Naval Architect with a minimum of 8 years experience in the design and construction of naval and/or commercial vessels, with a preference for shipyard / ship construction experience.
A degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or equivalent experience and understanding of ship construction, shipboard systems design and shipyard integration is highly desired.
Candidate should have solid technical and analysis skills, and shall be capable of concept design development based upon applying principles of naval architecture.
This position can be a salary grade E05 or E06 based on the candidate's qualifications as they relate to the skills, experience, education and responsibility requirements for the position.
- Bachelor Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering or equivalent Naval Architecture experience.
- 8+ years Naval Architecture experience.
- The ability to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Broad based naval architecture experience spanning design, production and support phases of DoD and/or commercial programs.
- Experience developing and reviewing design team products.
- Demonstrated team management, task management and capture/proposal experience.
- Experience with the integration of Commercial-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) electronics into military systems for naval/maritime application.
- International experience.
- Experience with Earned Value Management.
- Program and/or Subcontract Management Experience.
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Mass., Integrated Defense Systems (IDS) has locations in Washington, California, Utah, New Mexico, Virginia, Texas, Maryland, Rhode Island, Alabama, Australia, Germany, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas including air and missile defense systems, missile defense radars, early warning radars, naval ship operating systems, robotics and other advanced technologies. With a workforce of 14,000 employees and 2012 sales of $5 billion, IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Apply online at http://raytheon.contacthr.com/37906801