Senior Naval Architect - Department Head
Location: Glen Burnie, MD
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: Over 10 Years
Required Travel: 10 - 25%
Date Posted: 02/11/2015
CDI, operating through its CDI Marine Company and CDI-M&T Company subsidiaries, provides ship design, naval engineering, aviation engineering, and professional services to the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, and prime contractors who serve government agencies.
Are you a Senior Naval Architect looking to bring your design and business concepts to the next level? Need a change of pace and some great people to lead? What is your design for us here at CDI Marine Company?
• Lead Concept, Preliminary and Contract design projects for commercial and military vessels.
• Involved in design projects that include conventional ships & boats, advanced marine vehicles.
• Cover a wide range of disciplines from feasibility studies to detail design of equipment and systems. Desired experience includes design of boats up through large displacement ships for both commercial and military application, logistics support, development of Engineering Change Proposals and prototype design and fabrication.
• Some field work, prototype construction and model and full-scale testing will be involved.
• Business development including lead generation, capture, and proposal development
• Manage Naval Architecture Department
• Requires U.S Citizenship with ability to obtain a security clearance.
• Have program management experience and skills to direct and supervise work of engineers, Naval Architects, designers and draftsmen, making sure projects operate within cost and on schedule, as well as effectively interact with the customer.
• Requires proficiency in conducting detailed analysis in one or more of the following: Resistance & Propulsion, Stability and/or sea keeping.
• Business Development for both the Naval Architecture Department as well as CDI as a wholeJob Requirements
MINIMUM SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• Familiarity with designing using Smart Product Models or a 3-D Design Environment IS HIGHLY desirable.
• 10+ years experience in design working in AT LEAST ONE of the following areas:
- Hydrodynamics and Hull lines development
- Stability resistance and propulsion
- Sea keeping
• Familiarity with any of the following ABS, or other similar classification society, rules is desirable:
- NVR: Naval Vessel Rules
- HSNC: High Speed Naval Craft
- HSC: High Speed Craft
- Steel Ship
• Experience in providing independent design solutions and analysis.
• Demonstrated Success in Business Development
• BS in Naval Architecture, Ocean Engineering or other related marine engineering degrees, advanced or dual degree preferred.
• Experience with the of following software, appropriate to personal skills, is desired: AutoCAD, MS Office Suite, NAVCAD, GHS, Hecsalv and / or SHCP, VERES or VSMP
• Ability to research and work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to Interact and Supervise members of the Naval Architecture Department as well as other engineers
• Excellent interpersonal communications
• Project Cost Estimating
• Program Management experience
• Candidates chosen must be able to pass Background investigations and Drug Screens.
• Applicant may be subject to a security investigation and then meet the eligibility requirements to obtain and maintain a security clearance issued by the US Government. In addition to the security clearance, this position may require an additional background screening for base access.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• CARRYING and LIFTING. Ability to transport and lift up to 30 lbs.
• Employee is required to access remote areas of multi-level vessels
• Must comply with Company’s Driver Safety Policy if assigned to operate company and/or rental vehicles
ABOUT OUR COMPANY -CDI ENGINEERING SOLUTIONS
For more than 60 years CDI Corporation has delivered engineering and technology solutions and recruitment and staffing services to blue-chip clients with operations in markets around the world. We are a $1.1 billion company with a solid balance sheet, a strong credit rating and more than 10,000 employees. We offer competitive salaries and benefit packages. CDI Corporation is an EEO/An Affirmative Action M/F/D/V Employer. Apply today!