Assistant Marine Energy Engineer
Location: Norfolk, VA
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 1-2 Years
Required Travel: 25-50%
Date Posted: 02/11/2015
Alaris Companies is seeking candidates for Assistant Marine Energy Engineers (AMEE). We are looking for experienced USCG licensed marine engineers to join us in our rapidly growing Marine Energy Conservation business. The successful candidates will be highly motivated individuals capable of working as part of a team of professional engineers developing innovative methodologies for the conservation of energy and the corresponding reduction of green house gas emissions for the marine industry. Successful candidates will be given the opportunity for significant professional growth in a dynamic and expanding field. Our clients include government and commercial entities, their fleets and terminals.Requirements
- Possess a valid USCG Third Assistant Engineer License, or higher.
- Able to qualify for and obtain a US Government Security Clearance of Secret
- Computer literate.
- Able to perform calculations, generate graphs, generate reports, and work with linked workbooks in Microsoft Excel.
- Able to assemble documents, insert and format charts and pictures in Microsoft Word.
- Familiarity with other Microsoft Office products including Project and Power Point.
- Able to write professional, technical documents and instructions.
- Knowledgeable in shipboard electrical systems.
- Able to use electrical test equipment, such as volt-ohm meters, ammeters, and meggers.
- Self motivated for continuing education in energy management through self-study in text books.
- Provide project management support for Alaris Engineering Services as directed.
- Assist the CEM on assigned projects, including shipboard and marine terminal energy assessments and repair projects.
- Work as a motivated team member in a professional work force environment.
- Within one year from hire date, successfully pass the CEM exam and obtain status of CEM – In Training from the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE).
- Travel up to 30%