Engineering Sales Specialist
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Full time
Min Education: Bachelor's degree - engineering preferred
Min Experience: 7 + years
Required Travel: 25% overnight
Date Posted: 02/12/2015
The Engineering Sales specialist is responsible for the development and strengthening of our specification position at the engineer and owner level in a given territory, for all Victaulic products. This will be accomplished through a balanced multi-market approach, utilizing an account/project based goals and objectives program. We will consider candidates from outside the local area.
1. Assesses their given area of responsibility and prioritizes the owner and accounts they will focus on in conjunction with their Regional Sales Manager.
2. Develops and implements a yearly game plan that achieves an improved specification position, focused on all applicable products. Particular attention will be given to proprietary products and their technical specification so we can preclude competitive products from use.
3. Responsible for penetrating and increasing Victaulic’s position at agreed to target accounts (owners, engineers, construction managers and limited contractors). A matrix will be maintained at each of these targeted accounts.
4. Develops a complete understanding of:
* Product features/benefits, account hierarchy, market and product applications and technical language/wording.
* Specifications as an industry document, its content and language.
* Competitive products and positioning
5. Documents all activity in Seibel through the account /project screens.
6. Develops and maintains industry relationships including joining all applicable associations.
7. Fulfills all corporate administrative requirements.
8. Understands the construction cycle and successfully influences decision-makers at all levels to maximize Victaulic sales/specification potential.
9. Investigates and reports on market trends, competitor activity, etc.
10. Communicates and coordinates activities with their regional counterparts when applicable.
11. Drive Plan through Account/Project Development through all levels.
12. Use of Siebel as key communication tool * Minimum standards are met as per corporate requirements.
* Meets required reporting procedures as established by corporate.
* All activities should be “geared” toward profitable sales.
* Communication and cross-functional use is critical
Qualifications (education, experience, personal attributes):
* College graduate with an Engineering degree. Mechanical Engineering preferred but will consider other engineering disciplines.
* Previous industry experience preferably related to the commercial construction industry or mechanical products.
* Self-motivated, confident.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, professional image.
* Willing to travel overnight.
* Team player.
* Competitive, flexible, and resilient by nature.
Please apply online at the Victaulic Careers portal.
Link to job posting: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=VICTAULIC&cws=1&rid=960