Name: BG Group
Application URL: http://www.bg-group.com/123/careers/apply-to-join-us/
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 3 - 5 years
Required Travel: 10 - 25%
Date Posted: 02/19/2015
The position exists to provide Global Shipping’s Ship Design & Construction department (SDC) with technical marine expertise and analytical skills to supporting the department’s activities. SDC provides Global Shipping (GS) with the technical expertise in the following areas:
• To support operations teams and chartering team with technical advice
• To review and evaluate new and emerging technologies that can be used on BG owned and chartered deep sea vessels
• To set shipping’s technical requirements for all long term deep sea vessels, both owned and chartered.
• To support shipping projects during development, execution and handover to operations
• To manage marine vendor relationships and keep up with latest technology developments
• To assist Global Shipping by providing technical advice and input into new business development activities
• Develop and maintain the departments analytical models on system, equipment and vessel performance
• To undertake design assurance in area of expertise. This would include the development, review and evaluation of items within area of expertise
• To maintain SDC relationships with key vendors or equipment used onboard vessels that BG either owners or charters
• To support SDC various projects during development and through execution and handover to operations
• To lead SDC lessons learnt reviews and to maintain a register for future use
• To be SDC’s Subject Matter Expert (SME) in area of expertise
Every individual has a duty to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times. In addition to any specific accountabilities for HSSE, all employees are accountable for ensuring that they take care of themselves and adopt exemplary safe behaviors.
BG Group is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. It is company policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, citizenship or disability.
BG Group provides reasonable accommodations so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. If you need an accommodation during the application process, please advise us by using the online contact form located on the career search page of the website. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Thank you for considering a career with BG Group.
• Must have a 1st Engineer foreign-going license or equivalent and has experience of various vessel types. Should have at least sailed in this rank for a suitable period of time.
• Alternatively, a licensed ETO (Electro-Technical Officer) with strong mechanical knowledge/experience may be considered.
• Must have worked ashore in a similar role ashore both in the operations side and in the project side for three years.
• Preference will be given for those with LNG ,DFDE and SSD experience
Knowledge, Languages, Skills, and Attributes
Key Skills Involved in this position:
• Networking and relationship building with other team members across all of Global LNG Shipping.
• Good problem solving skills and the ability to explain this to others
• Computer skills include Excel, MS Project and Visio. Able to develop MS Excel models of systems and arrangements to demonstrate operational cost and efficiency
• Strong communication and consulting skills.
• Writing technical reports,specification development and developing procedures/ standards
• Writing technical reports and developing procedures
• Basic contract development and management
• Self Starter
• Self control and self regulation
• Self motivation and drive
• Flexible thinking
• Strong moral and ethical conduct
Will require to undertake world wide travel, sometimes at short notice for up to a few weeks at a time. Generally up to 15% travel can be expected per annum.
apply online at: http://www.bg-group.com/123/careers/apply-to-join-us/