Location: Mobile, AL
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Min Experience: 0 - 5 years
Required Travel: TBD
Date Posted: 02/19/2015
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for design calculations and drawing development as assigned by the Chief Department Engineer or a Department Engineer II or III
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- 0 to 5 years of shipyard design and construction experience or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of scheduling and an ability to adhere to strict deadlines
- Experienced in interacting with Production, multiple design teams from several companies, customer representatives and equipment manufacturers.
- Computer literate and familiar with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of ship and propulsion systems
- Knowledge of Maritime Regulatory Authorities (i.e. ABS, DNV, GL, NAVSEA, MIL, USCG, IMO, etc.)
- Naval Architect:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture
- Knowledge of vessel structural design
- Knowledge of vessel trim & stability calculations
- Computer – MS Office, AutoCAD
- May determine technical adequacy of drawings and calculations
LIAISES WITH: Engineers, Production Personnel, Customer, Regulatory Bodies, Program Management and Equipment Suppliers
- Experience in the construction of high speed aluminum vessels is advantageous but not a requirement
- Knowledge of modular construction methods is advantageous but not a requirement.
- Knowledge in design and construction of US Navy vessels is advantageous but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of shock design is advantageous but not a requirement
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of US Person status.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance may be required if deemed necessary in the scope of your position responsibilities.
- Naval Architect:
- Knowledge of FEA methods is advantageous but not a requirement.
apply online at www.austaljobs.com