Name: Stolt-Nielsen Limited
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS
Min Experience: 3rd Officer or higher
Required Travel: some
Date Posted: 03/26/2015
Manages the ship's commercial trading utilization through efficient cargo stowage, quality control practice, and voyage planning consistent with port/terminal/regulatory restrictions.Responsibilities
1. Responsible for a commercial efficient operation of the ships assigned to him. Main focus areas are stowage, port/berth rotation and bunker planning
2. Ensures the ship and voyage is compliance with all international, local and other applicable regulations, industry practices and company procedures and guidelines.
3. Ensures that the ship and voyage operation is in compliance with operational aspects of the voyage charter parties pertaining to each cargo fixture.
4. Responsible for maintaining, collecting and distributing/releasing the proper documentation for each voyage. Such documentation includes, but is not limited to, voyage orders, bills of lading, LOI’s and voyage files.
5. In conjunction with Operations Manager, evaluates and follow-up on cargo quality incidents and offers suggestions to improve quality performance overall. III
6. Ensure operational or logistical instructions to ships are sent with due regard for all safety, regulatory and procedural requirements. Confirm with the ship’s Captain that any instructions or requests can be carried out safely within the laws, local rules, industry guidelines or regulations and company procedures pertaining to the activities involved. Advise the commercial staff if a request from them is not possible under the constraints listed above.
- Educated to minimum Degree level, or equivalent certificate;
- Maritime license as 3rd officer or higher.
- Tanker/Chemical experience in operations, preferably with tanker deck officer sailing experience.
- Established understanding of Maritime procedures, including knowledge of International Conventions related to carriage of chemicals in bulk.
- Fluent verbal and written English
- Strong analytical skills
- Good communication skills, flexible and a team player;
- Excellent computer skills;
- Ability to travel
apply online at https://careers-stolt-nielsen.icims.com/jobs/1027/ship-operator/job?mobile=false&width=539&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-360&jun1offset=-300