Location: New Orleans, LA
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS
Min Experience: 5 years
Required Travel: No
Date Posted: 04/09/2015
Are you seeking a dynamic Integrated Logistics opportunity where you can take your expertise with Marine Power Generation and DoD customer experience to the next level? Look no further, L-3 Communications - Maritime Systems has the job for YOU! We are seeking a seasonedIntegrated Logistics Engineer to support our growing efforts in New Orleans, LA. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret contractual requirements for logistics related tasks.
- Prepare estimates of logistics support requirements for the marketing department.
- Ensure proper specifications are used for the development of logistics related data.
- Develop and coordinate schedules for logistics related tasks.
- Prepare both Military and Commercial Technical Manuals per customer requirements using engineering data as source material.
- Assist in the preparation of Provisioning Technical Documentation.
- Prepare Reliability and Maintainability reports using MIL-HDBK-217 and Reliability Data.
- Prepare additional logistic related reports and lists as required by contractual requirements.
- Assist in customer training and preparation of associated materials.
- Prepare life cycle cost analysis.
- Perform other duties within incumbent's abilities.
- Preparation of logistics documentation that is in accordance with specifications and within budgetary guidelines.
- Meeting schedules for the release of data and should delays occur, a recovery plan is promptly prepared.
- Provides support to other departments, as required, in a timely and effective manner.
Your qualifications include the following:
• B.S. (Mechanical or electrical Engineering preferred), or equivalent engineering/technical work experience.
• Working knowledge of Military Specifications MIL-M38784 AND MIL-DTL-24784, strong reading, writing and communication skills.
• 5 years experience in technical publication preparation (preferably in an engineering environment).
• Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel Work, PowerPoint and Access) and MS Project.
• CAD drafting experience.
• US Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a US Secret Security Clearance.
• US Navy, Army or Air Force experience in similar position.
• Previous industry experience in Marine Power generation, distribution and controls is a differentiator.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT OFFER RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
L-3 Maritime Systems has locations in Ayer, Massachusetts, Leesburg, Virginia, Sarasota, FL and New Orleans, LA. Our core business is communication, navigation and control systems for Navy ships, including Integrated Voice Systems (telephone, intercom, announcing, radio, wire free, etc.), Ship Control and Integrated Bridge Systems, Computerized Information Systems and Machinery Control Systems. We utilize the latest commercial technology and apply it to the unique applications that exist on Navy ships.
We strive for diversity and offer a wide range of benefits. Our programs and policies include among others: medical, dental, vision insurance, STD and LTD, Flexible Spending Accounts, Tuition Assistance Program, 401(k) with employer match, ESPP, life/AD&D insurance, business travel accident insurance, Employee Assistance Program, a 9/80 schedule, competitive pay and discounts with many merchants.
L-3 Maritime Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans, and disabled individuals to apply.
We are a CMMI Level 3 and ISO 9001:2008 Certified Company
To turn your interest into action apply today! We value our team, we value YOUR career!
apply online at https://l3com.taleo.net