Automation Service Engineer
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS
Min Experience: 2 years
Required Travel: yes
Date Posted: 04/09/2015
Job duties include the following but are not limited to the job specifications contained herein. Additional duties or jobfunctions that can be performed safely may be required as deemed necessary bysupervisory personnel: • Professional repair of defects on installations onboard ships under warranty and later. • Setting up of new installations. • Assist ship-owners and crew in troubleshooting by telephone, e-mail and remote diagnostics. • Perform improvements/modifications in accordance with order or contract. • Ensure proper logging and filing of service reports and problem reports in a timely manner, i.e. within 7-14 days of service completion. • Responsible to be available to work on an on-call basis. • Responsible for proper use and maintenance of all equipment used in performance of duties • Responsible for maintaining and insuring a professional appearance and attitude at all times. • Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times. • Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies. • Repair returned components/sensors as needed. • Assist the Project Department and other divisions on request. • All tasks shall be in compliance with the processes and procedures as described in the Valmarine Quality Management System. • SW Programming. • System Troubleshooting. • Must be willing to travel frequently. • Must be willing to work overtime on short notice. • Strong communication and interpersonal skills required; must represent the face of our company to the customer. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required but is not limited to the specifications contained herein:
• LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must have the ability to read and interpret all automation system documents as well as operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Must demonstrate the ability to legibly write routine reports and correspondence, and the ability to speak effectively with customers one-on-one, or groups of employees.
• REASONING ABILITY: Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding and to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Demonstrate an ability to deal with problems in standardized situations.
• INTERPERSONAL SKILLS: Keep oneself up to date on new developments, new tools, software and products. Maintain a good relationship with our customers on board as well as on-shore. Must be service minded and helpful; both internally and externally. Must enjoy traveling. Bachelor’s Degree in Automation or Computer Science (or related)
• 1-2 years’ experience with automation systems, or recent graduate of automation program.
• Relevant technical education from technical school or college is a plus.
• Knowledge of PCs, networks and software
•Preferably a few years’ experience from the Marine Electronics Industry.
L-3Communications Corporation is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L-3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans, and disabled individuals to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified.
apply online at www.l-3com.com/careers