Senior Marine Engineer
Date Posted: 04/18/2014
Position Title:Senior Marine Engineer
Requisition No:EG 5-122712
Location: All Office Locations
Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) consulting services to our clients in several areas of marine engineering. Address and resolve a wide range of mechanical/ marine engineering issues pertaining to Naval and commercial ships. Develop the concept/preliminary design of new or modified machinery systems, and strategize means to integrate such designs.
- Work independently with minimal supervision or on project teams/structures
- Travel to shipyards and manufacturing facilities to survey existing conditions, verify proper installation, witness testing, and resolve technical issues
- Estimate budget, schedules, and develop project plans
- Deliver design products meeting quality assurance criteria on time and within budget
- Perform accurate quality assurance reviews of report, analyses, calculations, and drawings
- Interface successfully with clients at all levels, colleagues, and vendors including preparing reports, presentations, and diagrams to convey results to the client.
- Proactively market within current engagements to expand scope of work and identify new opportunities
- Secure customer satisfaction
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- B.S. in Marine or Mechanical Engineering
- 8+ Years of marine engineering experience
- Broad background, experience and skills in the marine engineering field including:
- Ability to design and detail mechanical elements
- Ability to use AutoCAD and prepare reports and presentations in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via verbal and written technical reports in English
- Experience with U.S. Naval Ship and commercial maritime engineering
- Knowledge of ABS Rules including Naval Vessel Rules
- Professional Engineer’s License
- Member of ASME, SNAME or ASNE
Please apply to this opportunity by submitting your Resume and Salary Expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include the Position Title and Requisition Number in the Subject Line.
Gibbs & Cox is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factors.