Engineer-Ocean Engineering Design (OED)
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full-Time
Min Education: BA/BS
Min Experience: N/A
Required Travel: TBD
Date Posted: 04/09/2015
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) is seeking Engineers (OED Stability) to:
- Participate in stability projects related to offshore floating structures of the Ocean Engineering Design (OED) stability group. Provide classification services for offshore floating structures located in shallow water and deep water.
- Review stability calculations and designs to verify compliance with ABS Rules and other applicable Industry standards.
- Propose technical recommendations and perform work which involves conventional engineering practices but may include complex problem solving and the resolution of conflicting design requirements, material standards or coordination of activities among other disciplines.
- Propose new approaches to problems encountered and provide recommendations for changes in methods, procedures or designs.
- Draft technical documentation and correspondence, and other forms of professional communication and work directly with clients to identify and resolve problems.
- Communicate internally and externally the current work load status to ensure the needs and expectations of the clients are met.
- Must understand Seasafe or GHS Software and Loadline calculations.
Apply online at www.abscareers.org