Assistant Port Engineer
Name: Harley Marine Gulf
Location: Channelview, TX
Job Type: Full-time
Min Education: HIgh School diploma
Min Experience: 3 years
Required Travel: TBD
Date Posted: 05/12/2015
Responsible for operational fleet support, maintenance, regulatory compliance, vessel repair and maintenance.
- Oversee, monitor, schedule, coordinate, and perform flow of work based on customer orders, establish priorities and availability of personnel, equipment, and resources.
- Maintain records of maintenance performed, hours used, fuel burned, and report to different funding agencies.
- Manage day-to-day maintenance activities of tugs and barges.
- Inspect vessels for repair and ensure maintenance and regulatory standards are met. Ensure tugs and barges are in compliance with all regulatory agencies.
- Required to work aboard boats and barges using pike poles, heavy lines, winches, mechanical hand, welder, oxy-acct torch and power tools for repairs.
- Perform emergency repairs on vessels as required.
- Manage oil analysis program.
- Manage company CMMS program (eMaintenance system).
- Coordinate the purchasing of parts and services for repair and maintenance projects.
- Perform in the company Spill Management team as assigned.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and at least three (3) years of port engineering experience.
- Must be able to communicate in English. Strong communication skills, across all lines including written, spoken and hearing.
- Must have knowledge of oil transportation and marine industry.
- Must be thoroughly familiar with tank barge operations, tug, operations, and terminal/refinery operations.
- Thorough knowledge of tug and barge maintenance systems and equipment.
- Ability to repair marine equipment on site under adverse conditions.
- Ability to deal with others using courtesy, tact, and good judgment.
- Must possess HAZWOPER (including Incident Command System) training within ninety (90) days of being hired and completed First Aid and CPR training.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all sensitive communications.
- Ability to understand and execute complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no guidance.
- Ability to get along with office staff and vessel crewmembers.
- Must be physically fit enough to board barges and tugs at sea and in port.
- Computer skills: Word and Excel
WORKING ENVIRONMENT and CONDITIONS
Work is performed in environments ranging from outside to inside, noisy to quiet, hot to cold and wet to dry as well as in normal office environment. Regular and predictable attendance is a requirement. Weekends, holidays and frequent travel on short notice.
PHYSICAL /MENTAL DEMANDS
Performing the duties of this job involve accessing vessels for repair, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching overhead. Must have good eye and hand coordination. Proficient in using all tools and equipment associated with vessel repair. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 lbs.
Please apply at: https://usgulfcoast-careers-harleymarine.icims.com/jobs/1204/assistant-port-engineer---hmg/job