Marine Engineer with Offshore and Dynamic Positioning Experience
Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Full-time
Min Education: BA/BS Undergraduate
Min Experience: TBD
Required Travel: TBD
Date Posted: 05/12/2015
For the right person there will be considerable potential in this exciting and challenging job in an international environment. You do not need to be an experienced trainer, as we will coach you in developing the necessary pedagogical and presentational skills. It is a demanding role and in recognition of this we offer attractive conditions.
• Conduct courses within our portfolio
• Operational and expert assistance to our key clients
• Course and product development
• Development of customer specific training activities
• Contribute to and take part in projects
• Sales activity and support the sales department
The main focus will be on developing and conducting courses within the maritime offshore field.
Based in Houston, Texas the post requires some global travel. The successful candidate will be part of an innovative team constantly working on creating and delivering training programs in accordance with, and beyond, the requirements of the industry. The candidate will also be part of a team that will develop a ground-breaking training simulator that will elevate industry standards.
Who we are looking for Educational and occupational profile of an ideal candidate:
• Practical experience from DP vessels/offshore units Experience in working with multicultural groups
• Fluent in written and verbal English
• STCW Certified Marine Engineer and/or Electrical Technician
The desire to come onshore to passionately ‘raise the bar’ in the industry through coaching others. A background in maritime offshore or maritime drilling is desirable and experience as a Chief Engineer, Technical Section Leader, Maintenance Engineer or Second Engineer will be preferred. Knowledge and understanding from the maritime offshore and/or drilling offshore is essential.
Apply online at jobsearch.maersk.com